Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Online applications

Here is the link to the travel calendar I made in Google Doc last year http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dcb674hv_1f4ctc5&hl=en. I ended up actually just using a word version and keeping it on esnips - was just easier to edit at home with one right on the computer. However, this was fun to make. The tools have improved a lot since then.

On Zoho I tried out the wiki tool as we are looking for one that it is very simple and has minimal advertising but is still attractive. http://harbison.wiki.zoho.com/Testing-a-zoho-wiki.html
Zoho had a lot more applications than Google and seemed to have more formatting options, but I could not understand some of the formatting terminology in the image insert and things. It is great that you can use your google or yahoo accounts to login though!

Have never really got into these much, but some of the other tools are wonderful. I do not know what I would have done without Zamzar. When people came into the library to print out documents from macs or some versions of office that would not work on open office, I could always convert them using Zamzar. If I needed to send a pdf document to someone, it was the only way to create one at BCC. Doodle could be wonderful for trying to schedule weeks to burn off at Barney or weeding weekends or even dinners with a lot of people. esnips means I can share all the schedules, scans of passports, etickets, etc and still have them available if all our documentation gets lost.

No comments: