Sunday, November 16, 2008

delicious and tagging

I think somewhere I missed the idea of tagging. I can do it and I find it useful to put tags on things for work, but I cannot see how a random cloud of words is more useful than a hierarchical tree of folders. True the latter imposes a false sense of order, but given the fact that I have about 1000 bookmarks I actually find it easier to use them than to use tags.

And Google toolbar (and iGoogle) let me do that from wherever I am. It is not confined any more than delicious is - in fact less as it is a nice easy drop down menu.

And it is private - and I like that - I do not see why the rest of the world should need to know my fascination with psychiatry! But here is the link to my delicious page anyway http://delicious.com/kateharbison

No comments: